One simple yoga to cure thyroid problems
There is a black Indian bee known as bhramari from which this pranayam got its name. Bhramari pranayama stimulates the mind and pituitary gland, it is effective in instantly calming down the mind. It is one of the best yoga pranayam to get rid of anger, anxiety, stress and cure thyroid related problems. It is a very simple breathing technique which can be practice anywhere and at anytime, but mostly should be done empty stomach.
While doing this exercise typical humming sound of a bee is immitated that is why it is named after a bee.
How to do Bhramari pranayama (Bee humming)
1. First choose a very comfortable place, free of distractions, at any time of the day but morning is preferred because there is less noise in the morning and the air is fresh.
2. Sit on the yoga mat on the floor, crossed leg position is most preferred, but you can sit in any of your comfortable pose.
Below is the crossed less position.
3. Now close your eyes, and experience calmness for sometimes.
4. Now use your thumbs to close your ears using the cartilage between your cheeks and ear and keep your remaining fingers on the eyes like below.
5. Now the most trikiest part, hold your neck tight close your moth any try to force breathe with your nose until your neck starts to vibrate or you hear a humming sound inside your neck.
6. Breathe in till you are full. Then slows breathe out normally with your nose.
7. Practice this exercise 3-4 times a day.
Benefits of Bhramari pranayama
- It gives instant relief from anxiety, anger and stress. It is a very effective in calming down agitated mind and gives a feeling of peacefulness.
- This breathing exercises is also very good for migraines, sudden headaches etc.
- It also helps in reducing blood pressure.
- It helps in improving memory and concentration.
- This yoga pranayama stimulates the cognitive nerves and pituitary gland which in turn leads to good T3 and T4 (thyroid stimulating hormones), and helps curing both types of thyroid diseases ( hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism)
Precautions while doing Bhramari pranayama
- Make sure you are not pressing too hard to close your ears, bhramari is done in a very peaceful state of mind, any disturbance may reduce the effects.
- Do not press too hard on your face, you just need to cover your face gently with your fingers.
- Do not exceed the recommended amount 4-5 times a day.